The Toaster series of quilts – Premium quality outdoor gear.
The top quilts are designed to replace traditional style sleeping bags in your hammock and also for use on the ground on pads.
Why Top Quilts rather than sleeping bags? Short answer is that any insulation that is compressed doesn’t retain it’s heat/insulation level. So it’s extra weight and bulk that you end up carrying. So whether it’s in the hammock or on the ground simply pulling a top quilt over you with the built in foot box makes things easy and keeps you warm.
The Toaster Z- is designed with a combination of horizontal and vertical baffles. The design keeps the down from shifting/moving off your shoulders creating cold spots. It keeps the down where you need it, keeping you warm. Around the feet the baffles create a cozy warm footbox.
- 850+ Grey Goose Down (GGD) Down Fill & 900+ Canadian Hutterite White Goose Down (WGD)
- .90 oz/yd calendared fabric with a DWR providing some water protection.
- Includes stuff Sack & mesh Storage Sack
- Taper: Angles in from full width at the top to 5″ in on each side at the foot.
- Partial Taper: Angles from approx. 3′ from the bottom.
- All have a Cinch bottom foot box.
- Bottom 20″ can be zippered or sewn to form the foot box.
- zippered can be undone and spread flat as a blanket
Top Quilt Sizing:
- Dimensions are taken with the quilt fabric pulled semi-tight.
- Keep in mind down loft will shrink the dimensions a few inches.
- If you want to be able to cover your head pick the next size up.
Approximate weights: (900FP will subtract approx. half an oz from end weight)
Regular 30° full taper 51″ width : 19oz 850fp
Regular 20° full taper 51″width : 22oz 850fp
Regular 10° full taper 51″ width : 25oz 850fp
If you choose a 55″ add approximately 1-1.5 oz.
Tall adds approx an oz, Short subtract .5 oz
Ground Quilts / Top Quilts
- If you are purchasing a Top Quilt for use on the ground then you should consider the Pathfinder TQ which comes wider with pad loops.
See the FAQ for Quilt Care
Fabric weights: End weights will vary depending on fabric chosen. Weights given above are using .90oz/yd fabric.
- Argon 90 – .90oz/yd
- Multicam 1.3 oz fabric (slightly heavier but the lightest genuine Multicam fabric for quilts)
Care of your quilt :
Custom product :Check out the current wait time in the menu
Quick Video look at a ‘Z’ Toaster TQ