Warrior ‘Edge’ Hammock with an Integrated Bugnet Hammock
The Warrior Edge features a Unique new design in Hammock Shaping. The cut helps to eliminate floppy edges that wider fabrics create. The Edge cut does away with excessive claustrophobic flapping fabric. (This cut is truely unique to the Edge Hammock). The ‘Edge’ gives you a wider hammock on the diagonal but not while sacrificing your view of the scenery. This design allows for taller people to be more comfortable giving you more space at the foot end and a great view out of the sides.
- 11 foot x 64″ wide (Unique Edge Cut)
- Integrated Bug-net using NanoSeeUm Bug netting (can be unzipped and stored at foot end with the shock cord catch. It is not totally removable)
- 4 Zipper Sliders allows openings to be placed anywhere along the zipper. (includes zipper tabs as well)
- Head and foot end continuous loops are color differentiated (different)
- Quilt Clip Points for UnderQuilts
- Two Tie outs that are optional for spreading open the hammock (comes with shock corded tie out line)
- Dyneema Ridgeline w/ head end pillow loop (clip point)
- Silnylon/Silpoly Double Ended Stuff Sack
- Ridgeline organizer for storing small gear.
- Peak triangles will be black at the foot end and the hammock color for the head end unless you change them in custom work / contact me in advance.
Only available in a Single Layer.
*****Original fabric width is 65″. After the shaping/cutting of the fabric that width is cut down eliminating the excess fabric. This does not however cut down on the diagonal length of the lay. It effectively gives you a ton of more leg room and eliminates weight from the removed fabric. Another added benefit is reduced bulk and weight of the overall hammock compared to a Warrior XL (wide).
If you are wanting more of a lounging / camping /hiking hammock the Warrior XL would probably suit all three better. The ‘Edge’ is a super comfortable hiking / camping and less lounging (bug net off) due to the reduced inner size. If you were to measure at the middle width it would be approximately 8″ less than the XL. However on the diagonal the width is kept.
Custom product : 1.5 week turn around on average (this may vary due to work load /orders)
- Cinch Buckles : 2 cinch buckles attached to the continuous loops with (2) 12′ straps
- Spider Suspension : Titanium Dutchware Spiders on (2) 12′ straps
- Whoopie slings: (2) 6′ whoopie slings with straps (one black, 0ne grey)
Fabric: Simply put, The best fabric designed for Hammocks.
There are two reasons for weight limits with fabric.
- Stretch and Comfort : Too heavy for a fabric and you may find the stretch may give you some shoulder squeeze or just more give than your used to. Some people prefer a bit more give to their fabric.
- Fabric limitations : Too much and it may cause failure. This usually isn’t a factor unless your way over it or some other activity in the hammock causes the failure.
- Robic Nylon 1.7 oz/yard – (Grey, Burnt Orange, Black, Dark Olive) 290 lb comfort, 315lb limit – (21oz approx)
- Hyper D 1.6 Wide (HD)- (Olive Yellow, Dark Olive, Royal Purple, Black) 265lb comfort, 275lb limit – (20oz approx)
- Hexon 1.6 Wide (while stock remains): Burnt Orange 275lb comfort, 290lb limit (20oz approx)
- 2.2oz Ripstop (Flecktarn Camo): 300 comfort, 320lb limit
LSoH reserves the right to change specs as fabric weights change. Weights for finished hammock depend on added accessories and suspension (which isn’t included on hammock weight specs)
Explain the way your bugnet works on your hammocks:
- The bugnet on the Warrior and Swift hammocks is designed to allow you to have openings on both sides of the hammock. Using 4 sliders you can position them anywhere. This is extremely important because it allows you to reach out either side to adjust your underquilt, grab something off the ground or just get out on either side. You can also open half the net, flip it over or unzip the bugnet so it’s hidden up in the foot peak area. It doesn’t come completely off but instead is super easy to zip and unzip. You aren’t fighting with zipper sliders reattaching stuff.
- In short it is retractable but can not totally remove it.