Frost Biter Insulated Under Quilt / Protectors
- Insulated UQP’s help your UnderQuilt to keep it’s heat in the wind/breeze plus add an extra layer of insulation to boost your existing underquilt’s temperature rating.
- In the winter using an external synthetic insulation on the outside of your down underquilt will help protect the down from accumulating moisture and humidity. That moisture goes into the synthetic which isn’t as affected in it’s loft.
- Can make a simple and lightweight summer underquilt for your hammock where you might not need a full down underquilt.
- Approximate temperature ratings. Just remember to keep it loose so the insulation doesn’t compress so it can keep you warm.
- 17°C / 60°F 2.5 Climashield Insulation
- Insulation : Climashield 2.5
- 24/25 oz in weight (for 2.5 CS)
- Super easy setup (easier than a down UQ)
- Plus normal benefits of an UQP below
- An UQP helps to keep air from moving between your UQ’s and the hammock as well (helps with the seal).
- The Calendared and DWR coating also helps to repel moisture from rain splashes or condensation.
- All around, a good idea for the colder temperatures. One other thing an UQProtector does is seals up the ends of your UQ without compressing the quilt. It’s not specifically designed for this purpose but it still does it. This can also help keep things warm. Less Drafty.
- Installation of an UQP is easy. The shock cord at the ends simply slip onto your suspension at both hammock peaks, surrounds your UQ and you can cinch up the sides a bit as needed. When you see it, it will make sense. Easy!
Comes with a stuff sack.
- Colors are for the outer main body of the iUQP
Video shows installation of a standard UQP