The Pathfinder, part of the ‘Toaster’ series of quilts is set up for ground use.
These quilts are wider and come with loops for attaching to your pad.
From the ground up their are designed to hold down in place and keep you warm in the outdoors. Warmth ratings are actual ratings, not ‘EN or survival’ ratings. The top quilts are designed to replace traditional style sleeping bags in your hammock and also for use on the ground on pads.
Why Top Quilts rather than sleeping bags? Short answer is that any insulation that is compressed doesn’t retain it’s heat/insulation level. So it’s extra weight and bulk that you end up carrying. So whether it’s in the hammock or on the ground simply pulling a top quilt over you with the built in foot box makes things easy and keeps you warm.
The Toaster Z/ Pathfinder- is designed with a combination of horizontal and vertical baffles. The design keeps the down from shifting/moving off your shoulders creating cold spots. It keeps the down where you need it, keeping you warm. Around the feet the baffles create a cozy warm footbox.
Differences between Hammock Top Quilt and the Pathfinder :
- More down to fill the wider quilt (without adding Overstuff)
- loops added to the quilt to attach to shock cord/pad connector (included)
Ground Top Quilts Features:
- 900+ Grey Goose Down & 850+ Grey Goose Down (GGD)
- If you are a cold sleeper consider adding 1-2 oz of down to your quilts or bumping up one temperature level. Sleeping on the ground is colder than in a hammock (due to the UQ on a hammock adding to the warmth factor)
- .90 oz/yd calendared fabric with a DWR providing some water protection.
- Includes stuff Sack & mesh Storage Sack
- Foot box closures using a zipper or sewn across the bottom
- Sewn indicates it will be sewn across the bottom and approximately 20″ up the side so the join is on the bottom of the quilt. (see picture in the gallery)
- A slightly wider quilt (55″).
- Another option that will give you a bit more coverage on the ground is a partial or no Taper.
- A partial taper doesn’t angle towards the feet till approximately half way down the quilt. It will give more room to toss and turn around at the hips.
- No taper is simply a rectangular quilt (when laid flat) Giving more room in the feet and hips area. This may help if you have larger feet or a larger frame.
stuff sacks are approx .7 oz / 20 grams
Tall – 80″ Length (measured uncinched) (for people over 5’11”)
Regular – 76″ Length (measured uncinched) (for people up to 5’11”)
Short – 73″ Length (measured uncinched) (for people up to 5’6″)
Approximate weights: (900+ down will subtract approx. half an oz from weight)
Regular 30° 55″ width (partial taper) : 22oz 850fp
Regular 20° 55″width (partial taper): 25oz 850fp
Regular 10° 55″ width (partial taper): 26oz 850fp
Tall adds approx an oz, Short subtract .5 oz
See the FAQ for Quilt Care
Fabric weights: End weights will vary depending on fabric chosen. Weights given above are using .90oz/yd fabric.
- Argon 90 – .90oz/yd
- Multicam 1.3 oz fabric (slightly heavier but the lightest genuine Multicam fabric for quilts)
Care of your quilt :
Custom product :Check out the current wait time in the menu
Quick Video look at a ‘Z’ Toaster TQ