The Toaster series of quilts – Premium quality outdoor gear.
The top quilts are designed to replace traditional style sleeping bags in your hammock and also for use on the ground on pads.
Why Top Quilts rather than sleeping bags? Short answer is that any insulation that is compressed doesn’t retain it’s heat/insulation level. So it’s extra weight and bulk that you end up carrying. So whether it’s in the hammock or on the ground simply pulling a top quilt over you with the built in foot box makes things easy and keeps you warm.
The Toaster Z- is designed with a combination of horizontal and vertical baffles. The design keeps the down from shifting/moving off your shoulders creating cold spots. It keeps the down where you need it, keeping you warm. Around the feet the baffles create a cozy warm footbox.
Duck down (seen in many other manufacturers quilts) will not be available in the topquilts. Duck down can have a bit of a smell when it gets humid/damp and I won’t put it in a quilt that is close to your face. All 100% Goose Down only!
- 900FP+ Canadian Hutterite White Goose Down (WGD)
- 15d calendared fabric with a DWR providing some water protection (.90 oz/yd)
- Includes stuff Sack & mesh Storage Sack
- All have a Cinch bottom foot box with zipper.
- Offset neck cinch cord.
- Temperature (ratings are based on loft / baffle filled with down to achieve a desired temperature range)
- 3 temperature ranges to pick :
- 30°F (0°C), 20°F (-6°C) & 10°F(-12°C)
- If you are a cold sleeper (or have poor circulation pick the next warmer rating)
- 3 temperature ranges to pick :
- Tall (80″) Fits people over 5’9″
- Regular (76″) Fits people approximately 5’9″
- The quilts are designed to pull up to your chin. If you wish to cover your head pick the next longer quilt
- Width – The measurements of the Topquilts have changed to compare accurately with other manufacturers of topquilts. Typically you will see the following “ with quilt pulled tight ” which means this is the measurement of the quilt before it is filled.
- 52″ – Recommended for a hammock only.
- 55″ (previously 51″) – Designed for the hammock or a stationary sleeper. Where it isn’t necessary to have as wide of a quilt.
- 59″ (previously 55″) – Please see the Toaster Topquilt Wide Sku: Can be used on the ground (in conjunction with a pad) and still be able to sleep on your side. Also nice if you are a larger person and need more room.
- Full Taper : A full taper narrows in from the top to the bottom narrowing inwards 5″ at the bottom.
- Partial taper: A Partial taper starts to taper in at approximated 3 feet from the bottom. This gives you more room to sleep on your side in fetal position bringing your knees up. It is still possible to do this with a full taper, however a partial taper adds a bit more room.
- Down Fill
- 900 Fill Power Canadian Hutterite White Goose Down
- Printed Patterns
- Custom patterns available which combine a premium fabric and a ‘printed design’
|Toaster Topquilt 900FP Goose Down|
|30°F||52″ Width||55″ Width||58″ Width|
|76″ Length||11 oz||12 oz||13.5 oz|
|80″ Length||12 oz||13 oz||14.5 oz|
|20°F||52″ Width||55″ Width||58″ Width|
|76″ Length||13.5 oz||14.75 oz||16 oz|
|80″ Length||14.5 oz||15.75 oz||17 oz|
|10°F||52″ Width||55″ Width||58″ Width|
|76″ Length||15oz||16.5 oz||18 oz|
|80″ Length||16oz||17.5 oz||19.3 oz|
Custom product :Check out the current wait time in the menu
Quick Video look at a ‘Z’ Toaster TQ