Specialty Printed Fabrics
The Toaster series of quilts are a premium quality piece of outdoor gear. From the ground up their are designed to hold down in place and keep you warm in the outdoors. Warmth ratings are actual ratings, not ‘EN or survival’ ratings. The top quilts are designed to replace traditional style sleeping bags in your hammock and also for use on the ground on pads. Why Top Quilts rather than sleeping bags? Short answer is that any insulation that is compressed doesn’t retain it’s heat/insulation level. So it’s extra weight and bulk that you end up carrying. So whether it’s in the hammock or on the ground simply pulling a top quilt over you with the built in foot box makes things easy and keeps you warm. The Toaster Z- is designed with a combination of horizontal and vertical baffles. The design keeps the down from shifting/moving off your shoulders creating cold spots. It keeps the down where you need it, keeping you warm. Around the feet the baffles create a cozy warm footbox.
- 850+ Grey Goose Down (GGD) Down Fill & 800+ White Duck Down (WDD)
- Uses a Printed Outer fabric – Print2Fabric in the new selections (either .90 or 1.0 oz/yd)
- Inner: .90 oz/yd calendared fabric with a DWR providing some water protection.
- Includes stuff Sack & mesh Storage Sack
- Taper: Angles in from full width at the top to 5″ in on each side at the foot.
- Partial Taper: Angles from approx. 3′ from the bottom.
- Foot box closures using clips or sewn
- Sewn indicates it will be sewn across the bottom and approximately 18″ up the side so the join is on the bottom of the quilt. (see picture in the gallery)
Top Quilt Sizing:
- Dimensions are taken with the quilt fabric pulled semi-tight.
- Keep in mind down loft will shrink the dimensions a few inches.
- If you want to be able to cover your head pick the next size up.
- See standard Z TopQuilts for weights
Ground Quilts / Top Quilts
- If you are purchasing a Top Quilt for use on the ground then you should consider a wide quilt (55″).
- Another option that will give you a bit more coverage on the ground is a partial or no Taper.
- A partial taper doesn’t angle towards the feet till approximately half way down the quilt. It will give more room to toss and turn around at the hips.
- No taper is simply a rectangular quilt (when laid flat) Giving more room in the feet and hips area. This may help if you have larger feet or a larger frame.
- If you choose to go with a wider quilt you should add an additional 1 oz of down from the down overstuff item in the menu.
See the FAQ for Quilt Care
Custom product :Check out the current wait time in the menu Quick Video look at a ‘Z’ Toaster TQ