Underquilt hooks are made to help your underquilt ride higher against your hammock. Newer integrated hammocks often have them already sewn on to aid in hanging your UQ on your hammock. If yours does not this will help you.
What they do:
- Bring the mounting point on the hammock closer together.
- Keeps the UQ from sagging and creating an air gap.
- Allows you to pull the UQ up against the hammock without overtightening the suspension on the UQ
What you get:
- 4 pack hooks sewn onto grosgrain.
- Choice of color.
- Sew the hooks approximately 15″ from the tip/end of the hammock on both edges.
- If you have a zipper make sure that you sew them with enough clearance for the zipper to pass by the grosgrain easily.
- The pack hooks work for most shock cord however if you find that the shock cord on your UQ is thinner you can gently heat the hook and tighten it. Same can be done for thicker shock cord, heat it and use a screwdriver to separate the hook slightly. Of course, go slow and don’t overheat the plastic.