The Premium Toaster Spectre Under Quilt
The Premium series gives a choice of down fills (900 FP & 800FP) and light weight fabrics (10D & 15d) to help reduce your bulk and weight in your pack. Designed to cover you from shoulders to your calves.
**Partial Underquilts are made to be used in conjunction with an additional pad for under your calves/feet. Often hikers carry a sit-pad / foam pad, that is from their pack and serves as a multi-use item. This way a bit of weight can be saved as well as bulk. In the summer it is possible (depending on the temperature) to do away with a pad altogether.
The Premium series uses a lighter weight fabric to help reduce your bulk and weight in your pack and gives you the option of a Canadian Produced and Sourced High Fill Power 900FP White Goose Down or 800FP Supreme Loft Down. The down is Ethically Sourced and produced in Canada and is rated in the top 3 in the world. To install simply clip the provided S-biners onto the end loops of your hammock and adjust the height using the line locs on the corners of the quilt. From there simply cinch up the end channels to prevent air movement.
- The Toaster Underquilt implements a closed baffle design. This means there are no gaps on the inside that could let down move chamber to chamber (unlike other vendor’s quilts).
- All of the quilts are overstuffed with 25% more down than standard. This helps in maintaining loft over time and helping in keeping down in place.
There are loops along the length /sides of the UQ to help secure the quilt to your hammock. Also included are two shock cord attachments to hook up to the foot and shoulder attachments of your hammock.
- Hutterite Produced Canadian Down (2 Fill Power ratings)
- 900FP Canadian Hutterite White Goose Down
- 800FP Canadian Hutterite Supreme Loft Down
- 9 baffles lengthwise to keep the down where it should be.
- Fabric Options:
- 15D – (.90oz/yd) A lightweight and durable nylon fabric with a small ripstop grid. Has a great wind resistance with a durable water resistant coating on the outer and calendared finish on the inside. Best option for colder weather quilts or for if your wanting your quilt to handle a bit more abuse. Quite Breathable and great for quilts
- 10D – (.66oz/yd) A lighter ultralight weight option. Durability is slightly less that the 15D with good wind resistance. and a Durable water resistant coating on the outer and calendared finish on the inside. Shaves a bit of weight and bulk in your pack but requires you to be a bit more careful with it. The 10D fabric is a little less down resistant so you may see a bit more down come through that the 15D (it occurs will all down fabric)
- New: 60″ Length
- 60″ Almost covers most sleepers extending your feet/ankles past the quilt.
- For kids this is the ticket, or for sleepers who curl up on their sides (60″) in the summer.
- (Advanced) In cooler weather use a pad in the footbox of your topquilt to provide the warmth to your feet.
- If you are a cold sleeper consider adding a couple oz of overstuff to your quilt or jump up to the next warmth rating.
- 4 corner suspension (Line loc 3’s – for easy adjustment)
- Upgrade to a printed pattern/camo for 30$ – All new prints will be utilizing Print2Fabric. A superior print with superior definition.
- Comes with a silnylon stuff sack.
- Please store loosely (Pillow case etc.)
- Finished weight using 900fp down (60″): 10° -19.5 oz, 20° -17.5oz, 30° -16.1oz
(Draft tube adds an additional .75oz – option available in quilt options)
|Toaster Down Underquilt Specs|
|Temp Rating||30°F / 0°C||20°F / -6°C||10°F / -11°C|
|Baffle height (inches)||1.5″||2″||2.5″|
|60″ x 44 Spectre Toaster UQ|
|800fp||8.62 oz||11.3 oz||12.75 oz|
|900fp||7.9 oz||10.3 oz||11.65oz|
Custom product :Check out the current wait time in the menu
The Video Section of the Media Menu has more setup videos of the Underquilts
**Please note the standard Spectre does not come with a removable suspension. It’s a custom upgrade***