Premium Toaster Under Quilts
Toaster Underquilts are designed and made in Canada.
Down used in all Little Shop of Hammocks quilts in sourced, produced and purchased in Canada. It is ethically sourced as well. To reiterate, none of the down is from China nor is it bleached. This means the down is a higher grade / quality than what you may find in other cheaper quilts. We try and keep our dollars in Canada to support local.
The Toaster UQ is designed to keep you warm in the outdoors. This allows you to ditch your sleeping pad and sleep in your hammock with ease and comfort on a diagonal lay within your hammock. UQ’s are easily ‘vented’ by adjusting the end cinch cords (tighter or looser), this allows you to use a -7°C UQ in the summer and ultimately makes your sleep system more versatile and useful throughout the year.
To install simply clip the provided S-biners onto the end loops of your hammock and adjust the height using the line locs (cinches up shock cord) on the corners of the quilt. From there simply cinch up the end channels to prevent air movement. There are adjustments that allow you adjust the Toaster Underquilt to any gathered end hammock. Watch the video at the bottom of the page to help you with setup.
Fits all asymmetrical and symmetrical hammocks – The only exclusion would be the bottom entry HH. Customers have made it work but it’s difficult for new users. When fitting to an asymmetrical hammock remember your UQ is narrower than your hammock so don’t attach to 4 points of the tieouts. As you shift you could damage your UQ. (This is standard for any UQ on the market) Best performance from an UQ will be when you pick a preferred lay and adjust your UQ to that lay (right or left lay)
- The Toaster Underquilt implements a closed baffle design. This means there are no gaps on the inside that could let down move chamber to chamber.
- 10 lengthwise Closed Baffle Chambers. Increased differential to help with setup.
- All of the quilts are overstuffed with 130% of required down (Means you get some overstuff beyond the minimum). This helps in maintaining loft over time and helping in keeping down in place when your in the hammock.
- 3 loops per side (lengthwise) to help you attach the underquilt to various brands/ makes of hammocks (attachments not included)
- Suspension is a 4 corner plus 1 attachment system. Adjust the 4 corners positioning allowing for a slight gap between your butt and the inside of the UQ. Don’t overtighten.
Includes stuff Sack and storage bag
- Please store loosely when not in use
Features / Options:
- Temperature Ratings :
- Please remember that you can use colder rated quilts in warmer weather! Simply loosen up the shock cords to allow more air movement and that 3 season quilt is good for all 3 seasons. Same for the even colder winter quilts. That’s why people say to get one thats rated for colder weather than you expect. You can always loosen the cordage!
- The ratings are a general comfort rating for the average person. If you are typically a colder sleeper bump up to the next warmer rating.
- 32°F / 0°C UQ – 18 oz (Approximate Reg Length weight using 900FP, add approx 2 oz for the long version)
- 20°F / -7°C UQ – 21. oz (Approximate Reg Length weight using 900FP, add approx 2 oz for the long version)
- A 3 season quilt for milder shoulder seasons.
- 10°F / -12°C UQ – 24.9 oz (Approximate Reg Length weight using 900FP, add approx 2 oz for the long version)
- The perfect 3 season quilt for Canada. For hot summers open the end cinch to allow a bit more air flow.
- 0°F / -17°C UQ – 28-29 oz (Approximate Reg Length weight using 900FP, add approx 2 oz for the long version) -800fp 31oz/872g
- If you are 5’10” or taller think about a Regular length, or long for the 0°F quilt. A bit more coverage in the extreme cold.
- Color Choices / Fabric:
- Standard Colors are using a 15 denier and 10 denier nylon fabric with a ripstop grid. The fabric is calendared to help prevent down from escaping and a nice windproof fabric that breathes.
- The 10D fabric is great for outers and inners. Mini ripstop version has great wind resistance (as good as the 15D) and a DWR too.
- Higher Denier (ie 10D) indicates the weight of the fabric and yarn size. Higher numbers mean heavier fabric and a bit more strength.
- Down Fill – The higher the fill power the less bulky the quilt will be (less needed to fill the quilt), which means it will also be lighter and smaller to pack in your backpack. White down brightens the fabric, grey down tones down the brightness.
- 900+ Fill Power Canadian White Goose Down (WGD)
- 800+ Fill Power Canadian SupremeLoft Down (WDD)
- Length / Dimensions – Underquilts generally fit so that they insulate just past the shoulders/head and down over the feet. Good to know information on length is the longer you go the more finicky setting up the quilt may be trying to get rid of air pockets. Keep this in mind for your selection.
- Short length is 72″ which will fit most nicely shoulders to feet.
- Regular length is 78” fits most head to feet
- Long length is 82″ Lots of extra room
- Width is 44″ at the head through the middle. Width narrows slightly near the knees (to the foot end) to aid in setup and reduce air pockets.
- When measuring pull out the quilt a bit, the shock cords can bring the ends in.
- All Underquilts come with 2 draft tubes standard (foot and head end) – new Sept 2022
- Underquilt Extra Options
- Printed Camo and Printed patterns option
- High resolution Print2Fabric prints can be found here
- Down Overstuff
- Allows you to add a few extra degrees of warmth to your quilt without bumping up the size/temp rating
- Found here Over stuff down will be the same as original quilt down. 800fp in 800fp quilt for example.
- Printed Camo and Printed patterns option
Colours: 15D & 10D
|Toaster Down Underquilt Specs|
|60″ x 44″ Spectre Toaster UQ|
|800fp||8.26 oz||10.44 oz||12.96 oz|
|900fp||7.52 oz||9.62 oz||11.85 oz|
|78″ x 44″ Toaster UQ (Reg)|
|800fp||11.1 oz||13.52 oz||16.78 oz||19.47 oz||21.68 oz|
|900fp||10 oz||12.6 oz||15.6 oz||17.86 oz||20.75 oz|
|72″ x 44″ Toaster UQ (Short)|
|800fp||10.29 oz||12.66 oz||15.72 oz||18.23 oz||20.31 oz|
|900fp||9.6 oz||11.7 oz||14.7 oz||17 oz||18.75 oz|
Custom product :Check out the current wait time in the menu
The Video Section of the Media Menu has more setup videos of the Underquilts
Hammock to Underquilt Tips (in addition to the other video)