Contact info: email@example.com
- E-Transfers can be sent to the above address. Email separately with the E-transfer password.
- Location: I am located in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada
- Phone number : 306-477-9478 Please leave a message and your email if I can’t get to the phone at that time.
- Prices are in Canadian $
- Any information gathered from you during the ordering process is only for fulfilling your orders. Meaning I won’t sell it to anyone. It’s private.
- All specs are subject to change. This applies to all items (Hammocks, Down, Quilts etc.) I will not replace an item with a different item though. This is referring to techniques for design etc. As things change the description will change to reflect it so no surprises as your ordering.
You, Safety and Your Gear. ( terms and conditions)
- Please be careful using your hammock.
- You are responsible for maintenance of your gear and it is subject to wear and tear. Taking care of it will extend its life and enjoyment as well as your own.
- Using gear from LSoH means that you agree to acknowledge and accept all responsibility of the risks of Hanging / Hammocking and hold Little Shop of Hammocks harmless, and indemnify and protect them against all liability arising from from activities using our gear. You accept sole responsibility for your actions.
- Don’t hang higher than you are willing to fall. This is important. Make sure anything below the hammock which could create safety concerns is removed. Rocks, logs etc. (clear them out of the way.)
- Dogs, cats, animals in general will puncture hammock material and make a mess of your bugnetting. As will knives, keys and sharps objects that have in your pockets or carrying into your hammock with you. This is not normal wear and tear. Just a warning.
- Treat your zippers with care. Yanking on them, opening / pushing against them with your foot is never advised. When closing your zipper take care to not catch the bug net/mesh in the zipper.
Don’t use your hammock as a swing.
- Don’t let people push your hammock with someone inside. Accidents have happened and what might seem like innocent fun can cause accidents, concussions, broken bones, and wrecked gear.
How to set up your gear
- I have setup videos on the website and on YouTube. Check them out for help.
Gear Weights ,Sizing and Specs.
At Little Shop of Hammocks every effort is made that all pictures, colors etc are as accurate as possible. We try to update the website in a timely manner. We also reserve the right to change specifications, models etc without notice.
Currently using Grey Goose Down. 800FP for the classic quilts and 850+FP for the Premium quilts.
- The 850+ will pack down smaller than the Duck down available
- A tad bit lighter than the 800
- Non-treated down : I have transitioned away from the treated down. I was finding it was lofting poorly compared to the non-treated. Even though the treated was more resistant to moisture it eventually wetted out.
- You will see some smaller down particles come through any material. The lighter the material gets, the more you will see it. It comes through in clothing articles like jackets and you will see it come through quilt material regardless of the IDFL labs scoring.
Care of your Down Quilts : Treat your quilt with care and you will get many years use out of it. Always air them out after use. If you are on a multi-day hike spread them out on your tent or over the hammock (TQ’s) UQ’s get more air flow hanging under the hammock but still need airing. So if your taking a lunch break and it’s sunny spread them out.
- Your quilts are made with some of the lightest weight fabrics available so special care is required to prevent any damage to them. If you fail to follow these instructions you can damage your quilts severely.
- No washing machines
- Use proper down detergent only (Use less rather than more. It doesn’t take much detergent to do the job)
- Hand wash in a large basin or tub with warm water. Gently push the air out of the quilt in the water and knead the quilt allowing the water to saturate the down. Then a minimal amount of kneading, pushing the water through the material. Drain the tub and knead out the water. Do no wring or whip the quilt around. This can damage the quilt. Fill the tub with fresh water and repeat to flush the detergent out. Repeat until the water is clear and not cloudy.
- Do not move the quilt around while saturated with water. It’s too heavy and the internal baffles can be easily damaged this way. You can use towels to aid in the moisture removal.
- Never hang a wet/soaked down item on a line. Lay it on a drying rack so it’s supported while heavy. Drying outside in dry air with air movement works great.
- Once the quilt is fairly dry you can move it to the dryer with tennis balls. Only use Fluff / No Heat setting. Minimal heat can cause hot spots in your dryer and melt the fabric. NO HEAT. The tennis balls will help break up the clumps of down. It may take 3-4 hours to dry a quilt.
- Once the quilt is dry you will need to shift down around with gentle hand pushes.
- Do not Dry Clean.
- Store loose in a large breathable bag. Do not store in the stuff sack.
Fabric weight recommendations are for 1) Stretch and Comfort 2) strength (fabrics can often handle more than option1 however they can be stressed at certain areas if you exceed the weight.
Single layer hammocks can handle (comfort and strength) approximately 285 lb. If you prefer less stretch you can choose to double layer your hammock. By doubling up 2 1.6 layers the weight limit changes to 400lb.
The fabric, while strong, cannot handle sharp objects poking them. So if you have a set of keys, knife on the belt.. metal clips on the clothes be careful. This goes for 2 sets of elbows on one area while doing something naughty.. be nice to your hammock.
Currently for international orders I only accept PayPal. You can use your credit card through PayPal once your setup.
Within Canada, at the Check-Out there is an option to use E-Transfer (send money through your online banking via email). Simply send the amount through your online bank, email me and once it arrives I will update the order as paid. Some people don’t care for PayPal and this is an option around that.
At Little Shop of Hammocks there is a variety of items which have different weights and sizes. For larger items we are trying a flat rate approach. However if for instance you need a couple little things and they fit in a small envelope and cost 1.80 to send I will refund the rest.
U.S.A. customers please keep in mind the dollar values used on the website are in Canadian dollars.
Shipping outside of Canada and USA : If you are in a different country and wish to purchase (outside of Canada and USA) please contact me through email. With International sales I accept payment through Paypal.
I don’t allow returns on items unless there is a defect in manufacturing which I will correct. If you have any questions please contact me before ordering to make sure you get all the information needed. You are responsible for caring and maintenance of your gear. It is a given that UL gear is a compromise between weight and durability. The lighter the fabric the more fragile it is compared to a heavier alternative. Any gear that has been used beyond these limitations or through improper care will not be warrantied.
Repairs: Contact me if you have damaged your items. It maybe possible to fix at a minimal or no charge (depending on the circumstance)
If you have questions on the items email me. Not sure how to set them up check my videos in the video/media area. I have some basic stuff on YouTube as well. And email me 🙂